Orlando has plenty of restaurants of all kinds. Many times when you visit the city to go to the parks, maybe you try to avoid eating a lot at the parks because of prices or the type of food and you want to get to know other places where, perhaps, more locals go.
Here is a list, some near Disney World, that you might be able to visit after the parks and others that are a little further away, but that are worth it. Few are a little more “touristy” than the others I mention, but as a local, I still enjoy them a lot.
(in the name of each restaurant you will find a link with the location on the map)
- Tapa Toro: If you visit the area of International Dr. this restaurant is located next to the famous ‘Orlando Eye’ or ICON Orlando, so you have free parking and several entertainment spots. The restaurant is Spanish food… I love Spanish food! However, this is not the best restaurant outside of that country that I have visited, but the service and atmosphere is great. There are nights that they have a small flamenco show. Happy hour in the evenings (at the bar). And if I have to add that it is a place where I have eaten the best lamb chops, delicious! Another of my favorite are croquetas and potatoes with chorizo! Prices a little high, but maybe if you share tapas, you can share the bill 🙂
- I Love NY Pizza Restaurant Bar & Grill: The pizzas here are delicious, even someone from New York told me. They have good options especially for lunch. It is located about 15 minutes from Disney World in the area known as Four Corners, between Kissimmee, Davenport and Clermont. Right there in that commercial area there is also a shop with delicious churros (Xurros is the name of the place) and a Greek one that is also really good: Sarah Greek Cuisine & More.
- Downtown Diner Celebration: It is located in the beautiful community of Celebration, which is known for being very retro, so perfect for a good diner. I’ve only gone for breakfast and it’s really good. Although it is retro, it’s all about the movies, there is a lot of decoration with famous movie posters and everyone that works there have their names tags and another tag with directors, writers or producers. And after eating, take go for a stroll around the area, which is always very pleasant.
- Rock & Brews: It is located on 192 (or Irlo Bronson Highway) very close to WDW. The prices are a bit high if you are going to eat and take advantage of one of the beers on the long list that they offer. The food is delicious, I have already tried some dishes and they all seem delicious, especially for being in a tourist area where many restaurants do not offer a good selection. On Friday and Saturday nights they have live music. Nearby there are several options such as a British Pub, a Cuban restaurant (Gloria and Emilio Estefan’s) and a Ford restaurant, which has a nice atmosphere, but food/price does not seem like good options for me (especially if you visit with a specific budget). It’s a chain, but this location is the one I usually visit. The area is great as well for a stroll among the stores.
- Miller’s Ale House Orlando: On the other side of the road from Rock & Brews we love visiting this place as the menu is large and very good prices if you don’t want to break your daily/weekly budget. If you like sports, this is the place to go as they have many TVs all over the place where you can watch your favorite game. Another place that I sometimes visit for lunch or some beers with friends without spending a lot and good food. I have been to many restaurants of this chain, but for some reason at this one I feel that the food tastes better. It is a chain restaurant as well, so you will be able to find this one a lot, but this specific location is the one that I usually visit.
- Café Tu Tu Tango: Also on International Dr. you’ll find this fun place. It is not your typical restaurant, here you can also come to try tapas but the place is full of art of all kind. And if you see something you like, you can buy it! I really loved many of the dishes I’ve tried and the attention is great. A video I made for my travel blog.
- Cafe Murano: If you have a car and don’t mind driving 30-40 minutes from Disney, visit Altamonte Springs, where one of my favorite Italian restaurants is located. The food is super delicious and the area is great. It is right in front of a large lake where you can walk around it. Sometimes they do some festivals in front of the lake so it can be a great option, a little bit far from the parks and more local. Also next to a nice mall.
Do you have a favorite restaurant that is not found at the parks? Don’t forget to check out my Instagram travel account, in the ‘stories’ you can find more spots with photos and videos that I visit in Central Florida (Orlando, Kissimmee, Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach and more…)