Orlando has a variety of restaurants. Many times when you visit the city to go to the theme parks, maybe you try to avoid eating at the parks because of prices or the type of food and you want to know other places where, perhaps, locals visit.
Here is a list, some close to Disney World, that you may be able to visit when leaving the parks and others a little further away, but they are worth it. The first 4 a little more “tourists” than the others I mention, but as a local, I still enjoy them a lot.
- Rock & Brews: It is located on 192 (or Irlo Bronson Highway) very close to WDW. The prices are a bit high if you are going to eat and take advantage of the beers from the long list they offer. The food is delicious, I have already tried some dishes and they’ve been really good, especially for being in a tourist area where many restaurants do not offer a good selection. On Fridays and Saturdays they have live music in the evenings. Nearby there are several options such as a British Pub and a Ford restaurant, the atmosphere is pleasant, but food / price is not that great (especially if you visit on a specific budget). It is a chain, but this location is the one I usually visit.
- Miller’s Ale House Orlando: Right across from Rock & Brews we love visiting this place as the menu is large and very good prices if you don’t want to go out of your budget per day / week. If you like sports, this is the place to go as they have many TVs all over the place where you can watch your favorite game. Another place that I sometimes visit for lunch or some beers with friends without spending a lot and good flavors. I have been to many restaurants of this chain, but for some reason at this place I feel that the food tastes better. Yes, it is a chain, so you can find this restaurant in many areas, but this specific one is the one I usually visit.
- Tapa Toro: If you are around International Dr. this restaurant is next to the famous ‘Orlando Eye’ or ICON Orlando, so you have free parking and several entertainment points. The restaurant is Spanish food … I love Spanish food but this is not the best restaurant outside of that country that I have visited, but the service and atmosphere is great!. There are nights that they have a little flamenco show. Happy Hour in the afternoons. And if I have to add that it is a place where I have eaten the best lamb chops, delicious! . Prices a bit high, but maybe if you share tapas, you can share the check 🙂
- Café Tu Tu Tango: Also by International Dr. you’ll find this fun place. It is not your typical restaurant, here you can also come to try tapas but the place is full of art of all kinds. And if you see something you like, you can buy it! I really have loved many of the dishes I have tried and the attention is great. A video I made for my travel blog in English.
- Cafe Murano: If you have a car and don’t mind driving 30-40 minutes from Disney, visit Altamonte, home to one of my favorite Italian restaurants. The food is super delicious and the area is great. It is right in front of a large lake where you can walk bordering it. Sometimes they do some festivals in front of the lake so it can be a great option, a little away from the parks and more local.
Do you have any favorite places that are not in the parks? In my Instagram travel account, in the ‘stories’ you can find more places with photos and videos that I visit in Central Florida (Orlando, Kissimmee, Daytona Beach, New Smyrna Beach and more …)